January 6, 2016


By the grace of God, many men and women who have come through the Good Samaritan Rehabilitation program have had their lives radically and positively changed. Men and women from all walks of life, from all over the nation. Our testimonial videos are candid, one-on-one interviews from graduates of the program talking about where they came from, what their lives were like before the program, and how Jesus Christ changed their lives.

More Heartfelt Testimonies From Our Graduates

There Is No Other Way

The Good Samaritan Rehabilitation Program, operated by Pastor Tim Remington of Cataldo Lighthouse Fellowship is one of the most successful in the country. Participants undergo 60 days of intensive therapy at “the ranch” and then enter a mentor home where they begin readjusting to a new life “in the world”. I’ve been a participant in this wonderful program and my life has been transformed. First by understanding that by myself I can’t make it. I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior and made Him the Lord of my life.After many years of messing up my life on my own, I finally realized that like anyone, on my own I’m lost. Eternal life requires that a person accept the fact that Jesus Christ died to take away their sin and by accepting Him as the Lord of their life, they can be born again and be given eternal life. There is no other way. Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.” I believe Him. I have put my trust in Him and my life has truly been transformed. I have a lot to learn and the the closer I grow to Him, the more exciting life gets. If you are reading this and you haven’t trusted Christ for your eternal life, just do it.

I Can Do All Things

I was a young girl going to church with a friend. I felt such peace and happiness there, when home was complete turmoil. I learned at a young age about a God high above who loved me more than anyone could ever love me. I held on to that for so long, while going through my trials of life. My home life was full of violence, drugs, and physical and emotional abuse. I witnessed such violent acts from one family member to another for most of my childhood that the torture was unbearable. I had two younger brothers that I comforted through all the abuse. As I grew older I started to look for a more physical love from people instead of Jesus. My father was not in my life since I was small, so the tender love from him was never given. I still had a bit of my faith in me, but started to fade into the ways of the world as my teenage years approached. These were the years I should have been blooming into a beautiful woman of God, but instead found a man who later brutalized me so many times that I started feeling that this was the way my life was supposed to be. I truly believe that the violence that I witnessed as I was growing up embedded itself in jy thoughts, presenting abuse as a way of dealing with problems and anger. I drifted from God as that relationship drew more into a festival of beatings and rapes. After a few years the relationship ended, but by then the damage was done. I became bitter with the Lord for allowing that to happen; at that point I believed God had forsaken me. I was introduced to drugs, which gave me that instant gratification that imitates the true gratification the Lord provides us. I became so sucked up into my own lifestyle that I was forgetting about that beautiful relationship I had with Jesus when I was a seven year old little girl. I cried out so many times for help, but looked the wrong direction. I finally was arrested multiple times for drugs, which eventually landed me in prison for a short time. I was still a very lost sheep that was searching for the peace but ignoring the Almighty. My last time in jail I came upon Pastor Tim, who happens to be the same person I knew as a little girl. He had showed me such compassion and caring affection that I was longing for as a child. I began telling him portions of my story, in amazement that the Lord was bringing the same people back into my life that comforted me when I was seven. All I knew was violence; now I know that I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. I have peace in my heart that I’ve searched for all my life. He is my Lord and my Savior Jesus Christ!

From Ghetto to Glory

“Hello”. The title to my testimony tells the story, but I’ll fill in the middle for you. I’ll start by telling you a little about myself. My name is Kelly Walker and for some of you that knew that name, knew the wrong story about me. I’m 35 years old, a happy married woman of 13 years, and a mother of 4 awesome kids. I’m going to take you back about 16 years, when I really started my life of sex, drugs and everything else that goes with that kind of life., until one day when I woke up and found myself with little clothes on and I didn’t know where I was or what I had done. My first thought was to take myself to the hospital where I found that I was about three months pregnant with a beautiful baby girl. That’s when I knew that my life had to change. So I came home to my mom’s here in Idaho and asked for her forgiveness. I stayed clean and sober for 10 years. During that time I was happy raising my family. Till one day about three years ago some so-called friends came over with drugs. I thought that I could party for just one night. What was I thinking, with my past I should have known better. I kept doing drugs and slipped back to my old life style. Like most people I was arrested the first time on April 17 th , 2001; the day after my sons’ 1 st birthday. After being in jail for a few days the Judge gave me a chance at drug court, but No, I’m not done there. I was kicked out and sentenced to two years but suspended all but 20 days and three years probation. I still wasn’t done. After a couple of months I was violated and spent August, Sept., and Oct. of 2002 in jail. I really thought that I was done. They even let me go to the Port of Hope (inpatient treatment) during that time. I should have learned the tools then to quit. “Not me”. I also lost my kids to the Health & Welfare Dept. Thank the Lord that my mother is a foster parent. She has been taking care of them for the last year. When I got out of jail at the end of Oct. 2002, my husband took me back again, “Praise God.” But he told me that was enough, of course I’m not one to listen. By the grace of God, He again gave me one more chance, over the Holiday’s I couldn’t stand it with out my kids, so I used drugs to cover the pain. On Jan. 5 th , 2003, just 4 days after my birthday I went to jail for my 2nd charge of meth . My husband bailed me out for $11,000 dollars. Now most people would learn again, “Not me.” I made it 10 days and on Feb. 10 th 2003 I was re-arrested on my 3 rd charge of meth . That was that last chance for my husband,.from August 2002 to July 2003 I have spent 9 months in county jail. The one thing I have now learned is that I can’t kick that life without God in my heart. I still have sentencing for the 2 new meth charges and the probation violations but it is alright because as Phillipians 4:13 says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” I also know that I have God on my side, and a lot of new friends now. Thank you all. I have seen so many good things happen in my life. The most important thing is that God is mending my family back together. I still have a ways to go but one step at a time and lots of prayers. As I always say “moment by moment choices.” So there’s my Ghetto with the old life and Glory with God. I would like to thank all the people that put up with me and had faith when I didn’t. Most of all, to my husband, Walt, I love you! A special thanks to Pastor and Cindy, Justine & Sharon- I love you all too!! The ladies that took the time to teach our classes, Barb Fellows, Barb Peretti , Sam Mathers , Katherine & Debbie and everyone that took the time to pray with me when I was in need.


My name is Jackie. I’m 36 years old, and I’ve been in bondage to alcohol for the past nine years. I’ll start from the beginning. I married my high school sweetheart in 1985. We have three children, and both of us had great jobs. We had the appearance of a happily married couple – but, little by little, my drinking was becoming a real problem. There was a lot of fighting, accusations, infidelities. After 11 years, we finally divorced, and my children and I moved in with my mother. I lived with her for six years. I practiced at daily drinking, closet drinking, binge drinking, and finally what I call “kamikaze” drinking. I became a professional. I hid my bottles from my family, and took secret shots of vodka throughout the day to keep up my happy countenance. I was drinking bloody maries in the morning, plus whiskey shots throughout the afternoon and evening. I would try to keep track of the drinks, but after 15 I couldn’t remember. After a year of this, I began losing feeling in my feet, not to mention any memory of evenings with my children. At this point, their ages were 10 and 7 years, and my baby, just one year. What time did I put them to bed? Did I get dinner on the table? Did the kids know how drunk I was? Did my fiance’, who lived with us, hear the baby? He always ended up feeding her in the middle of the night. Did I make it ’til bedtime, or pass out at 5 PM again? I would wake up in the middle of the night, needing another drink & praying to God for help. I knew what was happening. I knew I’d lost control. I knew it couldn’t go on much longer. As soon as the kids were off to school, I’d plan my day around my drinking. It became #1 priority for me. My children were never sure what shape I’d be in when they got home from school. At this point, my mom and dad were beginning to suspect how intense my addiction had become, and got me lined up with an outpatient recovery clinic. I began to binge, staying sober for three months at a time. The 1st two months were like the “pink cloud” syndrome… feeling on top of the world, thinking clearly, no more hangovers – feeling like the worst was over. The third month… “white knuckle” syndrome kicked in… thinking, drinking, planning about drinking. Sure enough, like clockwork, after three months of sobriety – Wham! Full blown intoxication, non stop for four days to a week. Bottle would be found everywhere, always empty. I would usually have to make a trip to the hospital to detox. Then I’d go to work (if I hadn’t lost my job), and begin the whole process over again. After another year of this, I had lost my job completely. Living on welfare and child support, my children could never completely get comfortable during my sober times, not knowing how long they would last. I went from one extreme to the other, from doing great, with things falling into place for us, to the complete opposite. My mom & dad were part time parents to their grandchildren, never knowing when the bomb would explode. That’s how I felt about my bingeing – it was like a bomb fell into our lives. When I sobered up enough to deal with it, there was destruction all around me. Finally, nine years of this took its toll. I binged, with 3-1/2 months of sobriety behind me, drinking 2-1/2 gallons of vodka in just a few days, landing in the mental ward at the hospital again. My parents were exhausted & beat; children, angry & scared; me, feeling condemned, with a sense of impending doom. I had about 24 hours before I was to be released, and in this short time things started happening for me and my family. My father’s good friend came by to visit him on this particular day. He told an incredible story about another friend, who was a total alcoholic also, who had gone to a Christian based ranch in California, and had come back a complete stranger. This ranch had changed her life. I had a few hours to pack after being released, before my flight. The day after I was released, I was in California at Calvary Ranch. Never before had I felt such peace around me. I knew my real journey was beginning, and I was full of anticipation for this “peace thing” to belong to me, too. I was at the Ranch for 60 days. As the layers of pain and sin were unveiled, I was able to leave them there. Those empty places were refilled with ministering and the Word, and with lots & lots of love. It is the best thing that ever happened to me. My life has been restored to me. I’ve surrendered it to God. From now on, it’s his will that I will strive to obey, and not my own… I know where mine will lead me.

Have No Fear

When I was a kid I didn’t feel loved. No one showed me love or told me they loved me. I didn’t have any friends until I was in 6th grade. Darla was the first friend I ever made. I gave her things because I thought that was the only way to keep friends and I didn’t know people could like me because of my personality. My family gave me things instead of showing me love, so I didn’t know any better. I went to church with Darla just to make her happy. When I got home my grandma made fun of my church, so I didn’t take it seriously. I started smoking cigarettes in 6th grade and that let to pot which let to meth. Meth sucked me in; it gave me the illusion it was good. I could talk to anyone when I was high. People started liking me even when I didn’t give them things and I loved it. I thought meth was a miraculous blessing. I had tried to talk to people my whole life, but couldn’t because I would get tongue tied. Now I could talk for hours about anything. The longer I did it the more I needed it. I used a needle when I was 14 and I was hooked. I came to the point where I wasn’t using to get high anymore. I was using just to be able to get up in the morning. Meth became my coffee. I couldn’t function normally without it. One morning I called my cousin crying and told him I was addicted to the needle and couldn’t stop. I got off the phone with him and tried to go that day without getting high. By noon I gave up and got high, it was so hard. A few months later I was arrested and sentenced to a rider (that’s 6 months in prison). The whole time I was incarcerated people would find God, say they were changed, leave, and lose Him. I didn’t want to be like everyone else. I didn’t find God until a month before I left prison. I got in trouble for something I didn’t do. I went to my room so upset and wanting to talk, but having no one to talk to. After sitting by myself for a while I started talking out loud to God. At first I felt crazy talking out loud, but the more I did it the more I felt like someone was listening. After a while I decided to say the sinner’s prayer. I had tried it before, but I didn’t really believe that anyone was listening. This time I did. I said, “Lord I have been such a horrible person. Please forgive me my sins and come into my heart. It felt like my chest had been opened and a rush of cold air came in. I know it was the Lord; there was no other explanation. The night before bed I said, “Lord I’m being punished for something and you know I didn’t do it. Can you please make my sanctions go by fast and easily?” (Sanctions are when you have to clean for a certain amount of hours; I had 20 hours to do.) The next day during breakfast something happened and it caused a huge mess in the main entrance. I helped and it took me and the janitor about 2 hours to clean. When we were done I went back to my room. Around 3 p.m. I was called to the office. When I got there all but on of the officers on duty were there. They told me that since I did such a good job they were terminating the rest of my sanction hours. That was never heard of. I knew it was God. As soon as I got to my room I thanked Him for answering my prayer and doing it so quickly. That moment secured my belief in God. I prayed for the chance to do probation and I got it when I shouldn’t have. I prayed to go home on the next transport and I left 4 days later when it normally took 2 weeks. Matthew 21:21 says, “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” When I got out at first I talked to the Lord , but I quickly abandoned him and thought I was doing good. I started hanging out with my old friends and soon was back into my addiction. I thought I was doing good but I ended up getting in trouble with my P.O. She told me I had to turn myself into jail for 30 days. I got scared and ran; I was afraid of getting stuck in jail like I did the first time. 7 months later I got caught but ran. Then a month after that I got caught again and went to jail. While in jail I met Angela Morelli and she convinced me to go to Drug Awareness. I met Pastor Tim and learned about the Ranch. When I found out it was Bible-based I was determined to go. I prayed about it a lot and I knew in my heart the Lord would let me. Ps. 37:4 says, “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” I went to court Sept. 23rd on 9 P.V.’s and Judge Mitchell O.R.’d me into Pastor’s custody, but I was still being held on other charges. I was being charged for escape-no bond, destruction of Government property-no bond, petty theft, and false impersonation. My lawyer told me I would have to go to first appearances and it would take at least 5 working days before it would go before Judge Wayman. I prayed and asked God to please let me go sooner. I wasn’t afraid though; I knew I was going no matter what. The next day at 5 p.m. they told me to roll up, I was leaving. I jumped up and yelled, “Thank you God!” 2nd Tim. 1:7 says, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” Before I went to the ranch I never really knew how to read the Bible, so I didn’t. I learned how easy it was to read it, and I really got into it. I never knew that it told you who God is. I love to read it now. I also learned how to pray whenever I’m struggling, sad, lonely, or just need someone to talk to. 1st Thess. 5:17 says, “Pray without ceasing.” I’ve learned a lot about my addiction. I know the best way to fight it is with help from the Lord. Romans 12:21 says, “Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.” I love God with all my heart. He saved me from my addiction and I’m eternally grateful.


My name is Emily Grace and I am 30 years old. I was raised in a loving Christian family. When I was a year old I developed severe asthma, which resulted in a lot of suffering and over 200 hospital stays. In 1997 I had surgery and my doctor put me on two very strong drugs, the opiates morphine and oxycodone. Because of chronic pain due to rheumatoid arthritis I was left on these drugs for six years. By July 2003 I was taking over 1200 pills a month. I felt like I was in a chemical prison. I hated the emptiness that came with using drugs, but what really scared me even more was the withdrawal symptoms that would kick in when I would try to live without them. I was totally addicted. By September I was suicidal and by October my family was begging me to get help for my addiction to pain pills. On October 15, 2003 I entered the Good Samaritan Rehabilitation Center (“The Ranch”). God saw me through opiate withdrawals and set me back on my feet. I am able to worship again, which I could not do on drugs. I’ve now been off drugs for one month and life is looking up. I trust in the Lord Jesus and know he has my future n His hands. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”